Jump, hop, skip and march into action with this Daily Fun Fitness Activity. Designed to get your class moving by adding a little fitness to your school day.
The Daily Fun Fitness Activity has been created to help you easily incorporate fitness into your daily class routine. The resource displays an A-Z list of exercises that your students can follow in order to keep fit. And why not join in with them too? You can improve your fitness while you work.
Keeping fit is an important aspect of a child’s overall wellbeing, so as educators we need to value this too. Good physical wellbeing will have knock-on effects to their mental wellbeing and this, in turn, will impact how they learn.
Exercise can help improve students’ focus filling them with positive endorphins, creating a happier mood and positive vibes in your classroom. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get moving!
You can use this activity at any time of the day. You might like to start your school day off with some exercise to wake up your students. Alternatively, you could use it in the middle of a lesson as a short ‘brain break’ activity. It would even make a great warm-up activity for a sports lesson.
The exercises suggested on the activity sheet don’t require much space. So, if you don’t have easy access to a playground or school gym, then you could complete them in class or even in the corridor.
How to use the Daily Fun Fitness Activity:
- Choose a name of a student in your class.
- Use the A-Z resource sheet to find the corresponding exercise to match each letter of their name.
- As a class, work through the letters one by one completing each exercise as you go.
Warning! – Choosing a Christopher over a Sam on an early Monday morning might be a decision you’ll regret. 🙂
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- We have suggested that you spell out a student’s name, but you could spell any words you wish. How about using some of the weekly spelling words? It would be added opportunity for children to see and hear their spelling words.
- When choosing a student’s name, you could add some drama to the event. Write their names on lolly sticks and select a stick at random. Students will enjoy the anticipation as they wait to see whether they are in for a short work-out or a long one.
- Encourage students to lead the exercises. It could be the person whose name is chosen or a volunteer from the class. They could pick a friend to lead with them for a bit of moral support. But the chance to lead an activity in front of the class is a super experience for them and will help develop their confidence.
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.