Do you love reading? Or maybe you want to encourage your students to read? Look at these beautifully designed, Inspirational Bookmarks. You can create your own DIY bookmarks that will help to inspire you and your students.
These Inspirational Bookmarks can be used by teachers or students to save their reading pages. But not only that, the bookmarks display motivational words that inspire and encourage positive thinking.
The bookmarks come in 6 colourful designs to appeal to different tastes and feature different inspirational words. The words are great little motivators that jump out every time a reader opens their book.
Thinking about an inspirational word or mantra each day can make the world of difference in the way people think and helps cultivate more healthy thought processes. That’s why these bookmarks are so great!
You can use them for a variety of purposes. Perhaps you’re a bookworm constantly misplacing your marker, well this set of bookmarks will leave you with plenty to spare. Maybe you want to engage your students with reading. Making the bookmarks will be an exciting activity that will start conversations relating to books. Students could even make them as gifts for their loved ones. Or, if you’re a teacher looking for an end-of-year gesture to give to your class, then the bookmarks would make a cute keepsake. The options are endless, so click download and get making.
How to use the Inspirational Bookmarks Activity:
- Download the pdf and print out the resource pages.
- Cut out the bookmarks.
- Choose a design and stick the front and back pieces together.
- You might choose to laminate the bookmark or stick the pieces to some card. This will make it more durable.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the bookmark and thread through some string or coloured ribbon.
- Once your bookmark is complete, slip it into the pages of your book. It’s as easy as that!
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- You could use the bookmarks as part of a lesson on social and emotional development. Hand each student a bookmark and they can write what that word means to them. This will be an opportunity for them to think a little deeper.
- Encourage your students to create their own mantra about the words on their bookmark.
- If you’re looking for a fun arts and crafts activity for your class, then why not have a go at creating your own bookmarks from scratch? The Inspiration Bookmarks featured here have colourful marbled and inked designs. These designs are easy to recreate. Get your hands on some marble ink, a tray and some marbles. Place some paper in the tray along with the marble ink mixture and the marbles. Roll the tray in different directions and watch as the marbles roll through the ink to create a colourful marble effect. Once dry your students can cut it out, add their own inspirational words and attach some ribbon as described above.
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.