Encourage a love of reading and develop your students’ mathematical skills at the same time with these colourful Times Table Bookmarks. They are easy to make, and we love their dual purpose!
Every bookworm needs a snazzy bookmark and these DIY page markers have the added bonus of helping students recall multiplication facts. The resource features two pages of printable bookmarks that display the times tables from 1-12.
Knowing their times tables by heart is a helpful tool when it comes to all kinds of mathematical problems. However, learning them can be a pretty boring task. So, to make it a little easier we have designed these Times Table Bookmarks. They are perfect for some spontaneous multiplication learning. Great for learning on the go and can be used in a reading book, school textbook, or a school journal. Having the bookmark close by as a reminder means students can also refer to them during a maths lesson if they need to.
Simply download and print the pdf, then follow the instructions provided. The bookmarks display the times tables up to the twelves and you can choose which tables to use on the bookmarks. This means if your student or child is finding a particular times table difficult to recall, you can tailor their bookmark to suit their specific needs. It also means you can easily differentiate for a mixed ability class.
How to use the Times Table Bookmarks:
- Hit download and print the pages included in this resource.
- If you are making multiple copies for your class copy the required pages.
- Choose two tables (tailor this to suit your students) and cut them out.
- Stick the two chosen tables back-to-back.
- Laminate the bookmarks to make them more durable.
- Punch a small hole and add some ribbon or chord to the top of the bookmark for an added touch.
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- These Times Table Bookmarks are just the tip of the iceberg. Bookmarks make great revision aids for a whole host of topics. Whether it’s numeracy facts, vocabulary, or spelling rules, the options are endless. Either create your own bookmarks for your students or even better, get them to create their own. It will help embed their learning and act as a handy memory jogger whenever they need it.
- Bookmarks are super gifts for teachers to give to their students at the end of term or on special occasions. Jazz these bookmarks up with some fancy ribbon and you’ll have yourself a useful and educational gift for your class.
- If you have a reward system in place within your class, then why not use these colourful bookmarks as motivational prizes.
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.