Jazz up your learning space with these colourful Times Table Posters. They are guaranteed to brighten up a classroom or workstation and they are a super handy reference for learners too.
As educators we know it’s important for learners to understand the concept of multiplication before they move on to memorising their times tables. And, while many of you probably wince at just the mention of rote learning, when it comes to maths, memorising number facts can actually be pretty helpful.
On the proviso students have had the chance to explore and learn about multiplication, then memorising and recalling times tables is not a problem. In fact, being able to recall facts quickly will develop their confidence and help improve their mental math skills.
These eye-catching posters feature the times tables 1-4. They are perfect for decorating your class thanks to their colourful geometric designs. You can use them on a maths display board and they double up as a useful reference for a working wall. This set of posters features tables 1-4 making them great for students who are just starting to learn multiplication facts.
Creating areas in your class where students can find the answers they need will also help them on the way to becoming independent learners. If they know where to look for the answers they will no longer rely on adult support. So, what are you waiting for? Click download, print them out and pin them up.
Once you’ve downloaded the PDF posters, why not explore your print options? You could print them out on A3 or shrink them down to A5. The small A5-sized posters could be used as times table flashcards instead. Perfect for students to keep beside them at their desks while they learn.
How to use the Times Table Posters:
- Download the posters in our easy access PDF format.
- Decide on the size of poster you would like. Adjust your printing options accordingly and print.
- At this point, you may decide to laminate the posters to prolong their use.
- Display them in your learning environment and encourage students to refer to them when they need to.
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- Design your own times table posters. Grab some coloured pens, paper and anything else that can help create an eye-catching poster. Challenge your students to create their own times table posters. They can display them in the class, on their kitchen fridge or even in their bedrooms.
- Become pattern detectives. Ask your students to search for patterns amongst the times tables. Not only is this a fun way to develop curiosity relating to numbers, but your students might also spot handy patterns that will help them remember the tables.
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.