Learning the times tables needn’t be dull with these colourful Times Table Posters. Print them out and pin them up to help your learners memorise these important number facts.
Memorising number facts such as the times tables is an essential skill to learn in maths. Because having a bank of number facts stored in our brains means that we can quickly recall and calculate problems. Memorising the times tables is guaranteed to enhance those mental arithmetic skills.
It is therefore essential that young math students learn their times tables to ensure they can confidently and quickly tackle arithmetic problems. To help them along their way we have put together a set of colourful posters. The posters are bright and eye-catching, so will look great on a class display. Your students might even like to display the posters in various places around their homes. Perhaps the kitchen fridge is a cool place to learn the nine times table or a bedroom pinboard could be a good place to hang and learn the 5’s.
How to use the Times Table Posters:
- Hit the download button. The PDF document will download and open on your computer.
- Now print the posters. You might like to stick to the standard A4 size, or you can play around with your print options to find the perfect settings.
- Laminate the posters. This step is optional but if you intend on using the posters year after year, you can save time, paper and printer ink by laminating them and making them more durable.
- Hang the posters in a place where your students can easily refer to them. Encourage them to be independent learners and refer to them whenever they need to.
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- Create your own times table posters. Your class could work in groups to create their own posters to decorate the class. Or you could set a homework task to produce their own posters to use at home. And don’t just stop at times tables. Why not create posters for other number facts too. Number bonds, doubles and halves, square numbers, these are all important facts to remember and will enhance problem-solving speed.
- Spotting patterns is a handy way to help students remember their multiplications. So set aside some time for them to look at the posters closely. Copy them, chant them too. Then see if they notice any helpful patterns.
- Times table raps and rhymes, create some fun songs and chants to help your students remember multiplication facts. Add some actions in and this will help their memory recall even further.
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.